Discover the benefits of Himalayan salt
Detoxifying, purifying, regenerating
Are you familiar with this pink salt? You might already use it in the kitchen or your bath.
Since Thermëa just launched the new purifying Himalayan salt body treatment, I wanted to learn more about it and I’m sharing what I discovered with you here.
First, it’s amazing to find out that this salt formed 250 million years ago in northern Pakistan and that it’s antibacterial. Buried for millennia, this salt oxidized when it came into contact with the iron present beneath the earth, which gives it its characteristic pink colour. It’s extremely rich in mineral salts, magnesium, iodine, and nutrients that have not been exposed to modern air pollutants and contribute to cell regeneration.
Overview of the incredible benefits of Himalayan salt on overall health
- Rich in iron, it promotes blood regeneration and improves circulation.
- It contributes to healthy lungs and improves respiratory function.
- It restores the blood’s pH (the acid-base balance).
- It is astonishingly effective on acid reflux issues.
- It is recognized as a powerful detoxifier, dissolving toxins, waste and harmful substances present in the body.
- It stimulates and regulates digestion.
- It reduces the signs of aging.
- It prevents muscle cramps.
- It promotes better hydration.
- Rich in calcium, it strengthens bones.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- It increases the libido.
The great thing is that there are several ways to use it to experience its benefits. Let’s go over them together.
A staple ingredient to add to your pantry
- It contains much less sodium per dose than ordinary table salt because it is less refined and the grains are larger.
- It contains more than 80 micronutrients and it’s very rich in iron, calcium, and potassium.
- It is easily absorbed by the body due to its colloidal cell structure.
Did you know that commercial table salt is completely devoid of these mineral salts, except sodium and chloride, in addition to being bleached and cleaned with chemical products? The anticaking agents that are added to it prevent our bodies from absorbing it correctly, which causes salt to build up in our organs, and this can lead to serious health problems.
Swap your table salt for Himalayan salt today! In addition to being good for your health, it adds a nice touch to your kitchen decor.
Himalayan salt baths
- The preferred option for a body detox.
- It contains more than 80 minerals to nourish the skin.
- Absorbing the nutrients in Himalayan salt boosts circulation and soothes sore muscles.
- A Himalayan salt bath facilitates healing and is an incredibly therapeutic experience for the body and soul.
Himalayan salt lamps
- These lamps help to purify the air in a room.
- The salt crystals combined with the light source produce negative ions that neutralize the positive ions in the air carried by mildew, allergens, and bacteria.
- The positive ions are produced by some electronic equipment, which can lead to insomnia and heighten stress.
- These lamps have a positive effect on mediation, encouraging relaxation and reducing stress.
Welcome to my life, Himalayan salt!
Himalayan salt is quite a discovery for me. I’ve decided to officially introduce these little pink grains into my life! You can be sure that the next time I go to the grocery store, I’ll be buying Himalayan salt to replace my table salt. I have a salt lamp, but I hadn’t taken the time to learn about its real purpose and the benefits it can provide to me. It’s plugged in and, in addition to purifying the air I breathe, it adds a calming touch to my decor. I knew about the benefits of Epsom salts in the bath. Now I’m going to add Himalayan salt to my relaxation habits at home.
I hope I’ve encouraged you to learn more about Himalayan salt!
Anne-Marie Charron, wellness blogger