Top 3 activities to do in the Winnipeg region
The end of summer might make some people a little sad, but there’s no need for that in Winnipeg! As long as you have a warm jacket and a pair of comfortable shoes, there are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for you to discover at this time of the year.
Three of the main attractions of Winnipeg in fall that you’ll not want to miss out on are:
- Connect with nature at FortWhyte Alive
This is a true urban oasis with its over 600 acres of lush vegetation, showing all of its glory in the colours that are fall. From hiking along the boardwalk or in the forest to bird-watching trying to spot one of the over 160 species in the areas, there’s so much to do in this beautiful landscape… and the cooler weather certainly won’t stop the popular bison safaris or farmers market! When you’re at FortWhyte Alive, you’re guaranteed to feel that deep connection with nature.
- Discover fall’s fresh bounty at Pineridge Hollow and Meandher Creek Farms
The thriving Pineridge Hollow community farmer’s market is something to behold. From fresh produce to hand-crafted goods, there’s an array of foods and trinkets for the whole family to explore and take home. Keep the whole family entertained at Meandher Creek Farms with the pumpkin train to the “patch”, straw bale maze, zip-line, air cannon, bale pyramid, animal interactions, and a whole lot more in addition to the farm fresh produce on offer.
Local cheese and beer for the taking!
- Visit the original Bothwell Cheese farm; well known for their prized cheeses, their way of life is deeply rooted in history and tradition. They’ve been serving the community premium, natural, artisanal cheeses since the early 1930’s, and they’re still going strong. Proudly Canadia, this is cheese at its finest.
- The Trans Canada Brewing Company’s Brewery, Taproom and Store offers quality beers in an array of styles that appeal to beer drinkers in any form. All of their beers are developed, brewed and packed in-house, and are available for enjoyment on site, or ready to be taken home.
- Be sure to stop in at the Bijou Patio when you’re out and about! This European style open air drinking and dining experience is located in the heart of the Exchange District, offering a new patio-style dining experience. Order from the extensive Local Eats menu, with foods and drink in every style, promising to satisfy every taste.
A day out exploring is thrilling for sure, but now you have the opportunity to come back to the sanctity of the Spa to enjoy pool-side relaxation, a therapeutic massage to help you to wind down, and enjoy the exquisite features that a beautiful fall evening on the patio has to offer as the evening slowly drifts into night.